BARLOWORLD ISUZU HIGH MILEAGE COMPETITION
1. This Competition is organised by Barloworld Motor Retail South Africa a Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited trading as Barloworld Isuzu Zambezi and Barloworld Isuzu Johannesburg respectively (herein after referred to as “the Promoter” or “participating dealerships”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 01 February 2019 to 31 March 2019 on the Promoters Facebook pages (https://www.facebook.com/BarloworldIsuzuZambezi and https://www.facebook.com/BarloworldIsuzuJohannesburg), as well as on the Promoter’s websites (https://isuzuzambezi.co.za and https://isuzujhb.co.za).
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoters (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoters;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to Isuzu Motors South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (herein after referred to as “Isuzu SA”) (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Isuzu SA;
4.4 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 01 February 2019 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 31 March y 2019 at 23h59 at SAST (both days inclusive).
6. There is 1 (one) prize in the Competition consisting of the following:
6.1 A pre-paid fuel voucher to the value of R1,500 redeemable from Engen Zambezi Quick Stop (81 Sefako Makgatho Drive, Sinoville) or BP Mooi Street Auto Fitment (Wemmer Pan Road, Johannesburg).
6.2 A minor vehicle service to the value of R2,800. The minor vehicle service is limited to an oil change, an oil filter change and sump plug washer replacement.
6.3 A vehicle health check to the value of R823. The vehicle health check is limited to checking brakes, lights, wipers, tyres, water and oil.
6.4 A vehicle valet to the value of R980.
6.5 A vehicle polish to the value of R450.00.
6.6 Isuzu branded mats to the value of R450.
The prize must be redeemed as a package at the participating dealership where the vehicle was evaluated. The prize may only be redeemed against the vehicle that was evaluated and is not transferable to another vehicle.
7. The winner will be announced on 08 April 2019 on the Promoter’s Facebook pages (https://www.facebook.com/BarloworldIsuzuZambezi and https://www.facebook.com/BarloworldIsuzuJohannesburg), as well as on the Promoter’s websites (https://isuzuzambezi.co.za and https://isuzujhb.co.za).
8. To participate in the Competition, participants must:
8.1 Visit either of the participating dealerships referred to in paragraph 1 in person with their vehicle for an evaluation of its mileage by a representative/s of the Promoter between 01 February 2019 and 31 March 2019. On arriving at the dealership, participants must ask for the Service Manager or Dealer Principal.
8.2 Consent to them and their vehicle’s mileage being photographed by a representative/s of the Promoter for evidentiary purposes.
A participant may enter multiple vehicles in the Competition, in which case each vehicle’s mileage must be evaluated.
9. The participant whose vehicle has the highest mileage will be determined as the winner. If there is more than 1 (one) participant whose vehicle has the highest mileage, the winner will be determined by way of a draw to be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter. All entries meeting the participation requirements referred to in paragraphs 8.1 and 8.2 will be eligible for entry into the Competition. To qualify for entry into the Competition, participants must bring their vehicle in for the mileage to be evaluated by 31 March 2019.
10. The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone on 01 April 2019. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoters for the purposes of verifying his / her identify. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and the winner, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter, Isuzu SA or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and the winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, Isuzu SA, a supplier of goods or services which is in the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, Isuzu SA, supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or marketing service provider of this Competition. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Competition rules and unless otherwise prescribed by law, the maximum cumulative liability of the parties indemnified in terms of this paragraph shall never exceed the value of the applicable prizes and shall be limited accordingly.
13. The Promoters will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after evaluation of all of the participants’ vehicle mileages. If the Promoter is unable to reach the winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and the participant whose vehicle has the next highest mileage shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 10, the prize will be available for redemption by the winner at the participating dealership where the vehicle’s mileage was evaluated within 2 (two) weeks of notification to the winner. To redeem the prize, the participating dealership will require at least 7 (seven) day’s notification by the winner to book the vehicle in and for the various services to be performed.
15. The prize is strictly not transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. Neither the Promoter nor a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition are liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
16. The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party websites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
17. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoters’ marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
18. Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
19. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.